Shown in picture are the speakers (2nd row, L to R) Edward Roske, Debra Lilley, Murali Vallath, Ronald Bradford with SQL staff (1st row, L to R) Lui Alvarado, Dina Gomez, Mitch Cansino, Dinah Salonga
The Manila leg of the Oracle Technology Network Asia-Pacific tour took place last Oct. 27, 2011 at the Manila Shangri-la. The event, billed as OTN RACs Manila, was attended by developers, DBAs, IT managers and CIOs who were all very eager to hear what the speakers had to say.
The speakers were made up of Oracle ACE Directors and two Oracle executives who talked about a range of topics covering database administration, business intelligence and enterprise performance management, MySQL and middleware. The guest speakers were:
• Debra Lilley, Oracle Alliance Director for Fujitsu, President of UK Oracle Users Group and Oracle ACE Director. Debra made two presentations on Oracle Fusion Middleware.
• Kuassi Mensah, Director of Product Management for Database Access Frameworks for Oracle Corporation. His topics covered application tuning and using PHP, Ruby, Python and Perl in the Enterprise.
• Murali Vallath, Oracle ACE Director and published author of books on RAC. He is President of All India Oracle Users Group. He is founder of Summersky Enterprises with offices in India and the US. Murali talked about RAC for developers and how to test RAC.
• Patanjali Chary, Chief Evangelist and Architect in the Applications User Experience division at Oracle Corporation. He showed the audience the new and exciting interface of Fusion Applications and how Oracle invests in making sure that the user experience is always rich and easy-to-use.
• Ronald Bradford, Oracle ACE Director and independent consultant whose expertise is MySQL. He shared valuable insights on the product in his two presentations during the event.
• Edward Roske, Oracle ACE Director, author of the Look Smarter Than You Are books, founder of InterRel Consulting specializes in Essbase, Hyperion and OBIEE. He made 3 presentations on these topics at the event.
• Francisco Munoz Alvarez, Oracle ACE Director, President of New Zealand and Latin America Oracle Users Groups. He delivered two presentations on Oracle database via the internet.
It was a whole day event for the attendees with plenary sessions in the morning and 3 breakout sessions in the afternoon. The break-out sessions covered 3 areas namely:
• MySQL/Application Tools and Tuning
The attendees came out of the event with a lot of information direct from Oracle users as well as nice freebies courtesy of MSI-ECS, which included an event t-shirt for all attendees, iOmega disks and iPad2.
The event was coordinated by SQL*Wizard, with major support from MSI-ECS. Check out our gallery for pictures of the event and watch out for the posting of the presentation materials from the event soon.